is the panasonic lumix tz5 up to the task ?

LEGGGGY 11:33 01 Jan 2009

hi ive already posted this in the helproom but feel i should have posted it here,

im looking to upgrade from my sony p120 camera and have set on the lumix tz5. does anyone know if its ideal for sporty/action shots as i take a lot of pictures of my boys football and gymnastics. the sony has been a good camera but struggles with moving subjects and many pictures are blurred..

Pamy 14:09 01 Jan 2009

dont know anything about the Panosonic but, would think that you realy nead a single lens reflex camera fot the type of action pics you want to take

LEGGGGY 14:51 01 Jan 2009

yes, but i want it to fit into my pocket,,is ther one you would recommend ?

Pamy 15:33 01 Jan 2009

No, but action shots with a pocket camera can be acheived with follow through etc. Easier with the old film camera than a digital, due to delay

Charence 16:01 01 Jan 2009

click here for a review.

It depends where you will be taking these photos as well, will it be well lit? Looking at the review, it doesn't seem to do too well when you have to raise the ISO, so if these activities are indoors, you still probably won't be able capture the action.

Maybe go to a local camera store and see if you can try it out?

FatboySlim71 21:58 01 Jan 2009

I have the Panasonic DMC-FZ28 and I can imagine that the TZ5 will be has capable as the FZ28. My opinion of Panasonic cameras is that they tend to do well in all photo situations. The TZ5 has a scene mode, on this it will have a sports mode (or something to that affect) that would automatically set the camera up accurately for that chosen shot type.

It maybe a good idea to post a question on the DP forum. There is some very very good advice and help on the DP forum, they have helped me out a few times.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?