Panasonic LCD and Green DVD images

HarlowPaul 22:17 27 Dec 2007

Hi, I have a new 26" Panasonic LCD TV thats working fine....apart from the fact that when I use the DVD player, it gives me a picture thats over saturated with green! The TV works fine with the VCR, but when using the same scart lead in the DVD player, everythings green! I've read that it can happen to other items such as NTSC playback on Playstation consoles, but nothing about DVD players - any ideas at all? The DVD player is a cheap brand multi region and it shows the green problem up with both NTSC and PAL DVDs and even on the start up screen - I've tried both scart sockets on the TV and tried different scart leads too, and the DVD player itself has worked fine for years with my old TV so its not a problem with that - does anyone have any ideas at all please? Its driving me mad!

anchor 15:44 30 Dec 2007

It sounds that the fault probably lies with the aged DVD player. Your VCR plays fine, so the lead and connection on the TV are OK. If you can, try it on a different TV, but I suspect you will find the same problem.

New ones are not expensive now.

HarlowPaul 18:01 30 Dec 2007

Hi Anchor, thanks for the reply - I've managed to sort it out now, for some reason it was the DVD players settings that needed changing (from RGB to S Video, which i know isnt as good, but the pcitures fine and will do until I upgrade) rather than anything else, which is odd as the previous settings were fine with my old TV!
Anyway, thanks for your help, much appreciated

anchor 09:26 31 Dec 2007

Glad you sorted out the problem. Your solution may help others who experience the same apparent fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?