Panasonic FZ28 camera

the hick 20:54 20 May 2009

Been thinking of buying a FZ28, or perhaps a similar camera. My present camera is a Canon 520, and one feature I do find irksome at times is the extreme depth-of-field, due to the small size of the sensor - the light-sensitive CCD. It is often difficult to take photo of subject, with background out-of-focus. Are these 'Superzoom' cameras the same in this respect, at a given focal length, or are the lenses of a different design? I have had advice to buy a DSLR, but not keen on the bulk, while the FZ28 or Fuji 1500 look very neat and compact to me. Any advice much appreciated.

FatboySlim71 20:06 21 May 2009

I own the Panasonic FZ28 and I find it absolutely superb, the power and quality of the 18X Leica lens and the ease of use. I have owned loads of different cameras and I find the FZ28 easily beats the lot of them.

I will provide some links below, some are to my FlickR site where I have pictures on that I have taken with the FZ28 and the other link is to a review I wrote on the FZ28.

click here

click here

click here

click here

OTT_Buzzard 12:28 22 May 2009

I've not used the FZ28, but I do have its predecessor, the FZ18. A *fantastic* camera excepting for one flaw; it's ability to take low light shots without increasing ISO sensitivity, which quickly degrades the picture quality.

I don't know if this has been improved for the FZ28, but if you take a lot of indoor photo's then it may be worth checking out.

anchor 16:42 22 May 2009

Here is a detailed review:

click here

Probably all digital cameras will show increased noise to a greater or lesser degree as the ISO is increased. The best DSLR models are superior in this respect, but cost a lot more.

Comments about noise for this model:

"Image noise was well controlled when using the higher ISO capabilities of this camera. I found you can create nice large prints using settings of ISO 800 and below. 1600 looks as if you could still get away with some good 4x6-inch prints as well".

It appears that the FZ28 is certainly in the better class.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?