Panasonic DMREX75 copying vhs videos

notsolofty 16:54 20 Jan 2007

Hi

I have just received my panasonic and i am very impressed so far with the quality but manual could possibly be clearer in some areas. I want to copy my home made vhs videos on to my DMR EX75 hard drive before I copy them to dvd. what connections/settings do i need to make between my video recorder and DMREX75 to do this ?

anchor 17:30 20 Jan 2007

I also have just got the same machine; I agree its excellent, but the manual leaves a lot to be desired. I am still finding my way round it.

There are quite a few forum members who have this model, or the next one up, who probably can advise you better.

In the meantime, try connecting the VHS Scart output to the Panasonic Scart input, (eg: AV2). Then select AV2 as the recording input, start recording, and start the VHS playing. I have not tried it, but I "think" it should work.

Post back with the results.

notsolofty 13:14 22 Jan 2007

Thanks for that anchor I had connected it to the AV2 input but did not realise that i needed to use the EXT L button on the front panel. First I went into setup and connections to set the AV2 position to EXT L2 then everything seemed to work

anchor 16:35 22 Jan 2007

Glad all worked out OK.

I had occasion to speak to Panasonic support today, and the man agreed the manual is not ideal.

Click resolved if you have no further questions.

jack 14:09 23 Jan 2007

Might this link be an answer?

click here

notsolofty 20:23 23 Jan 2007

Thanks Jack

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone