Panasonic DMREX75 aspect ratio problem

De Nada 19:20 13 Jan 2007

Having problems with aspect ratio on some freeview channels, took delivery of my new machine,connected my tv,Sony Triniton, plus sky digi-box, when i was looking at the freeview channels some of them were showing broad black lines either side of picture, i cant seem to remedy this, my sky box is a few years old now,it has two scart sockets, but they are marked VCR and TV i have put scart into the TV socket, i have hooked everything up following diagram,can anyone advise as to best set-up using on-screen options in the instruction manual,(scart settings etc), thanks in advance.

siouxah1 22:21 13 Jan 2007

Don't really know the answer but will take a guess. Have you been into the setup menu and set the aspect ratio to 16:9?
I do however find that some of the programmes on BBC1 etc do sometimes transmit in 4:3, particularly news items which give black edges. But have a look at the setup and see if that makes any difference.
Functions-To others-Setup-Connections-TV aspect.

Siouxah1

De Nada 22:30 13 Jan 2007

thanks, i have checked it and it is set at 16.9,i went to a sky forum and it could be affected by settings on that,so i will try it in the morning,i am recording kylie at the moment,not for me i hasten to add,thanks again.

jakimo 13:13 14 Jan 2007

Even with the digi box menu set to 16.9 you may still get a black border,some Tvs, in the tv menu display options can be set to fill the screen,My own widescreen set has a cinema screen option which completely fills the screen without distorting the original ratio, If you haven't a similar option you will have to settle for the black borders

De Nada 14:03 14 Jan 2007

Thanks for reply, on the TV remote there is something similar called smart option,i put a channel on that i had problems with,and when i selected the smart option it filled the screen,i went through all the screen size settings 16.9 4.3 etc and the screen had black lines again,but when it got to smart it filled it again,so hopefully it has solved it, thanks again,

fazer 18:45 20 Jan 2007

I have similar problems with my EX75 but only when viewing via the NTL box. I have tried everything but always have to switch the aspect ratio on the TV remote to ensure 16:9. I assume (or rather assumed prior to reading your note)that this is an NTL foible. Perhaps its something to do with cable signals?

De Nada 20:00 20 Jan 2007

It is only a problem when i tune into a few freeview channels on the EX75,but not all channels are affected,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?