This or This

DJ Techz 13:48 17 Aug 2008

Hi,

Which computer would you reccommend?

click here

or

click here

The top one has a nVidia GeForce 8500GT (is that better than the bottom one?

FatboySlim71 23:10 17 Aug 2008

Its hard to recommend one,

We need to know what you would you be using the computer for?

If you will be storing a lot of music/videos then choosing one with a big hard drive will be a good option.

Has far as graphics cards go, unless you are a gamer there is not a lot of point spending more on a PC because it has the better graphics card.

DJ Techz 10:39 18 Aug 2008

I will be doing quite a bit of video editing (stardard definition footage) and storing lots of photos but it will also be used for playing The Sims 2/3(when its out) with expansion packs.

DJ Techz 10:40 18 Aug 2008

I chose them because they have the quad-core processors as publishing movies takes ages on my single core laptop. Just to say that I only really use Windows Movie Maker om vista

FatboySlim71 22:19 18 Aug 2008

Out of the two I would say the first one, but with the work you will be doing I would prefer a bigger hard drive and possible the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT which has a 512mb on board memory as opposed to the 256MB of the NVidia GeForce 8500 that is on your first link.

Its just with them been basically ready made systems there is no option to have them built to your certain requirements. The Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor is an excellent processor, I have the same processor in mine and it makes light work of anything you can throw at it.

If you cannot get exactly what you want from PC World, then it may be an idea to give Cougar Extreme a try, with them you can basically choose what goes into your PC, from the type of case, brand and amount of DVD/CD drives, amount of memory, size of hard drive, brand of PSU and so on.

I'm not saying you will get a PC from Cougar Extreme for the same price (probably be more expensive) but you would be more than likely to get a PC that has exactly what you want on it than you would from PC World, I would expect as well that the Cougar Extreme PC would use better quality components than the PC World one.

I got a PC from Cougar Extreme around 5 months ago, there exceptionally well made, very very good quality components and to top it all you have outstanding customer service.

If you do a search on here for Cougar Extreme you will see how highly they are thought of.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie