old TV

User-178362 16:29 20 Jan 2008

Could you tell me please. Is it true if a TV doesn't have a scart plug, it will not work when digital take over?

amonra 16:37 20 Jan 2008

Not true, just check that the digibox has a UHF output socket (modulator) so that it will plug into the TV. You will have to tune the TV to channel X, (usually 32)

User-178362 16:48 20 Jan 2008

I haven got a digbox for this tv as it hasn't got a scart socket. I know if it had,a digibox it would work.

100andthirty 17:49 20 Jan 2008

You need to look carefully for a freeview box with a UHF modulator. All have two UHF sockets - in and out, but tha vast majority have no modulator and will ONLY output freeview via scart.

I googled this and found no easy link to boxes with this feature. but you could use one of these:

click here It's £30, a freeview box is about £20 or more,

Or look at when your area is due to change over and start saving now for a new TV; yours must already be quite old and the costs above make quite a contribution to a new TV

User-178362 20:25 20 Jan 2008

Thank you for that info. I was just wondering about the old tv. Going to have a new arial for digital and wondered if the old tv would work. I do have a new tv 9 months old, so not in need. Thanks again for info.

User-178362 20:26 20 Jan 2008

Thank you for that info. I was just wondering about the old tv. Going to have a new arial for digital and wondered if the old tv would work. I do have a new tv 9 months old, so not in need. Thanks again for info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?