New Smartphone Advice Sought Please

SURVEY 22:53 30 Apr 2016

Have a HTC Desire HD - good phone but now dated. Priority is good battery life and signal. We have a poor signal, best is on EE so having to use a phone that supports wifi calling. I think I have narrowed this down to a Samsung S5 Neo (which has a removable battery and an SD card slot) or a Samsung S6. The , S6, although good), has several features that I probably wont use. However, has anyone got one of these and can tell me what they are like and what the battery life is like in real world usage?

SURVEY 10:27 02 May 2016

Toejams - I had read about the battery life on the S7. I belive that the S6 leaves something to be desired also! Its about time manufacturers asked purchasers what they want in a phone. No good haveing all the fancy features if you cannot use them because the phone has run out of juice! Fast charging doen't help when away from a source of charge! This is why I am looking at the S5 Neo rather than the all singing, all dancing S6 + S7.

SURVEY 16:35 02 May 2016

toejams - it was the S6 or S5 Neo. They did downsize the battery in the S6 - crazy. Fast charging, although welcome, is not a good alternative to a large battery! So I'm back to the choice S6 or S5 Neo and the more I look into it, I think it will be the Neo; and like the S6 it supports wifi calling - useful where I live in an area with hardly any mobile signal

SURVEY 22:58 02 May 2016

Yes indeed, I am aware that the S6 needs EE for wifi calling. Fortunately the S5 Neo is the same. EE has the strongest signal where I live, and it is pretty poor - but the best of a bad bunch!

SURVEY 19:51 10 May 2016

I eventually purchased a Samsung S5 Neo. Battery life seems OK - with reasonably heavy use it lasts about 12 hours. The WiFi calling is very useful.

SURVEY 21:03 11 May 2016

Now looks as if the battery is lasting much longer.44% left after 13 hours

aila 13:26 12 May 2016

Xiaomi Mi 5 with 3,000 mAh battery size . Features: 1.The Xiaomi Mi 5 battery lasts one day. 2.camera: 1.Front camera: 4 megapixels

2.Rear camera:16 megapixels

Price:Rs. 24,999 3. It has 3 D glass body 4.Processor: latest Snapdragon 820 processor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?