New build works wrecks TV reception

jack 10:51 23 Sep 2009

What are the chances of getting the developer to cough up for the cost of remedial work?

My daughter has a basement flat - and her TV aerial is on the roof of the back of the Edwardian terrace.
So far has been reasonabl reception.
However a former ground level car park next to her property is having a six story block of flats erected.
As the work prgresses and the scaffolding goes up to the reception worsened - so that now it non existent.
She has called in the aerial people to try to re orientate the aerial to another transmitter or failing that install Freesat.

What are the chances of getting the developer to pick up the tab?

anchor 14:09 23 Sep 2009

I have no idea, but perhaps your first port of call could be Ofcom.

click here

oresome 15:53 23 Sep 2009

As a favourite aunt used to say......If you don't ask, you don't get..... So it may be worthwhile approaching the developers to see what their response is.

Assuming the new building obscures the line of sight to the transmitter, you may have to wait until it's finalised to come up with final solution. Fixing it now may be a short term as building work progresses.

amonra 17:06 23 Sep 2009

Basically, you are stumped !
You can try to get the developer to help you but I wouldn't hold your breath. Your best answer is a Freesat dish or the Sky equivalent,(that is providing you have line-of-site to the satellites). Talk nicely to the developers to see if they would pay, or at least make a contribution ??? Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?