Nero 7 premuim reloaded

Jan W 18:51 28 Jan 2007

Has anyone used this softwar?. Just purchased a new laptop (120G HD, 2G ram, 2 core duo) which had Roxio 7 basic which I found very unstable. Uninstalled that and have been using Nero 7 essentials which has proved stable and I get DVD's which work on other DVD players. Just wondering whether it is worth upgrading, thinking of HD quality for the future? I basically want to edit video with a bit of text and music and a few transitions. Also wonder if there are any conflicts with IE 7. Have reverted back to 6!
Thanks for any advice/thoughts.

Stuartli 19:35 28 Jan 2007

Have you tried updating your Nero7 Essentials free from the Nero website (click here)?

Jan W 19:46 28 Jan 2007

Stuartli, Just looked at that link. Looks like a 3hr+ download. Feel I would prefer to have a CD-rom, just in case anything goes wrong with laptop, much easier to re-install as well if nec.
Thanks for your comment.

BRYNIT 22:37 28 Jan 2007

I have found no problems using Nero 7 with IE7.

Nero 7 usually takes less than 40 minutes on 2MB BB. If your speed is slower you could always leave it to down load over night. Once downloaded you can copy it to CD as a backup.

When you install Nero it will ask to uninstall the old version. When the computer has rebooted the new install will start and will automatically insert the serial number.

Stuartli 23:37 28 Jan 2007

Why it should take three hours +, unless you are on dialup or otherwise, is surprising...:-)

You don't have to download everything - just what you require.

I've never had any problems with Nero6 and burning CDs or DVDs.

Jan W 12:43 29 Jan 2007

Thanks both, will give it a try. 3hrs + was what came up - it prob will speed up. Am on BT BB 2MB. Will let you know.

Jan W 14:05 29 Jan 2007

Free update downloaded. Will try a few projects and see what happens and then decide whether I need full Nero 7 premium reloaded. Thanks for your help.

martd77 16:32 29 Jan 2007

i find roxio version9 is a great all rounder ive had no issues with it whatsoever,nero is good for cd dvd burning but the whole roxio pack is much better

Jan W 16:30 30 Jan 2007

Martd77
Problems I have had with Roxio has always with the burning, sometimes works and sometimes not (admittedly older versions). Do you know if you can edit etc with Roxio 9 and then burn DVD with Nero 7 essentials or would there be a conflict between both? Have found Windows Moviemaker very easy to use but have not done a large project yet. Also have you used Roxio 9 with IE7?

martd77 17:13 30 Jan 2007

jan w
havent used it with ie7 but cant see why there would be a problem,not edited a movie in roxio then burnt it using nero.
I use roxio to make films or slideshows of our holiday pics,add some music trax some transitions,save it to the desired format be it divx,wmv,dvd compatible files etc,burn it and watch back our hols.
There are some probs with roxio9 but they have a very helpful forum for sorting these things out.
I have nero 7 premium on my system also but i only use it to write dvds\cds\mp3 discs just find it easier to use than roxio for that purpose(less menus to navigate)
For me its a better package than nero,but it does take while to load up all the products whereas nero is quicker on that score
Hope that helps you out

Jan W 12:15 31 Jan 2007

martd77
So it looks as though having Roxio 9 and Nero 7 premium on the same system is compatible which is interesting, I could load both and see how I get on. Many thanks for your help.
Jan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?