Napster to ipod help

raggy 2 14:05 13 Nov 2008

Hi not sure if this is the right forum, but my son buys his music from napster but when trying to put onto his ipod it dont work? is there software that will help convert the file from its original format to be able to play on the ipod???
thanks in advance for any advice

MCE2K5 02:03 14 Nov 2008

Read this click here

raggy 2 08:23 14 Nov 2008

MCE2K5
thanks for that, the strange thing is i thought i had asked this question and looked in my postings and couldnt find it. The other thing is my son has tried to do this with some files from napster and found that only 3mins of the song were converted?????

MCE2K5 21:29 14 Nov 2008

These are the sections you need to use,

Now you are down to the paid-for songs which are in a special, copy-protected form. You can't just move them and open them. Some people think erroneously that this means that they have to keep using Napster forever to listen to those songs! Au contraire.

In essence you have to export the Napster songs to a "generic common format", and then import from that format into iTunes. If you think about it, the choice is obvious - a music CD! Every music software package under the sun knows how to deal with audio CDs.

So simply get yourself a pile of writeable CDs. They're very cheap. Now write out your Napster paid-for music onto a few CDs, being sure of course to label them properly. It's always good to have a backup of your paid-for music in any case, because as we know hard drives have this tendency to get corrupted or damaged when we least expect it.

Once you have your audio CDs all ready, simply import them into iTunes as you would any CD. You'll probably have to manually label the tracks, but that's really not a big deal. Just put down the artist, song name and original album, and you're all set!

-------------------------

Turn the Napster Paid for songs into Audio CD's, Then Rip the CD's to the iPod.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?