My new toys

Kate B 17:11 11 Jul 2007

I am totally and utterly chuffed with these! click here

They are click here plus click here

the sound coming from them is gorgeous, with the volume potential to annoy the neighbours mightily. Not that I'd do a thing like that, of course. Well, not without warning, anyway.

Probabilitydrive 19:26 11 Jul 2007

They look indeed fabolous. Was there not a thread of someone enquiring about speakers? I recall you posting a link to the Ferguson hill site...and now the gorgeous speaker set looks swell in your abode...

Sometimes I wonder to what degree our postings turn out to be fuel a self fulfilling prophecy...I certainly talked myself into VISTA and now I'm more than chuffed to have fallen for my own advice...;-)

Probabilitydrive 19:27 11 Jul 2007

to be fuel = to fuel

Stuartli 19:40 11 Jul 2007

Gwen Stefani and Sophie Ellis Bextor should sound even better on that setup...:-)

wolfie3000 23:41 11 Jul 2007

Are those speakers glass?

If so watch the cat/s dont knock them over.

They look sawesome.

Kate B 00:52 12 Jul 2007

They are indeed gorgeous and sound spectacular - I'm really chuffed with them. I will try Sophie Ellis Bextor on them tomorrow ... Wolfie, they're made of perspex, so they're safe from cat attack.

crosstrainer 06:48 12 Jul 2007

What is the wattage from that enormous bass subwoofer? I have a 200w but that one of yours looks as if it has roof removing potential!

jack 09:04 12 Jul 2007

'My new toys'
Where do you live?

No don't tell me I'll follow the boom from deepest Kent.

Have you spent the change on earplugs for the nieghbours ? ;-)

Stuartli 09:49 12 Jul 2007

High power speakers won't necessarily upset the neighbours - you can listen to top quality, minimum distortion setups at surprisingly high volumes without being troubled.

It's sound distortion from poor or average speakers that annoys others and from much lower volume levels upwards.

crosstrainer 10:37 12 Jul 2007

Very true, my surround sound setup has volume control that has a top value of 50....I have never used it above 16, and that is powerful enough to resonate various objects in the room.

It's all about setting each speaker's treble,bass,and midrange correctly.

crosstrainer 11:54 12 Jul 2007

I doubt your cat will go near them when they are on! Take care that that the subwoofer doesn't bring down the chimney, and anything that might be roosting there!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?