mp3 hard disk hi fi seperates

paddy75 01:50 24 Jan 2009

Hi all,after years of neglect i have decided to ressurect my Sony HI FI ES seperates system,i was wondering if there is such a thing as an MP3 Hard disk seperate that i could connect up to my exsiting system.Thank you Paddy

BigCam 01:55 24 Jan 2009

Hi
You could hook up an MP3 player to it using a 3.5 jack to phono lead
Only hard drive units are usually Mini units with everything CD/Radio ect included
BigCam

john bunyan 13:36 24 Jan 2009

Some DVD recorders have a USB connection and "Jukebox" facilities for MP3. I have a Pioneer recorder that does this and could be hooked in to your hi fi system. Not suggesting you buy such a DVD recorder just for this, but if you were thinking of buying one anyway, maybe a good idea to include this feature (can transfer MP3 via a USB pen drive)

canarieslover 17:55 25 Jan 2009

This may suit your requirement as it can be used as an external hard drive as well as a stand-alone device. You can copy your MP3's to it and then use with your Hi-Fi when you like. It comes at quite a price though it does have 1 Tb of storage. How much you will appreciate the sound through your system will depend on how well you have ripped your MP3's. Unless they have been ripped at fairly high bit rates you may be disappointed at the result. If you already have an MP3 player then buy a 'mini jack to two phono' lead and try the system with this first. If you are happy with the resulting sound then this hard drive may be the answer to your needs.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?