Moving contacts from a Win8 Phone to Android

martd7 13:39 29 Jul 2017

In a few weeks I'm purchasing a Nokia5 Android,currently i have a Nokia 925 windows 8phone,is it easy enough to transfer contacts from a Win8 phone to Android based phone?

alanrwood 09:33 30 Jul 2017

Use Google Contacts and sync then reload them to your new phone.

alanrwood 09:33 30 Jul 2017

Also store them on your sim card and they will go to the new phone when you move the sim card.

Lorraine Baines-McFly 09:57 30 Jul 2017

Unfortunately storing contacts on your SIM card is very limited these days as it will only store Names & Numbers due to its limited memory. If you have additional details for your contacts such a Photos, Email Addresses or any other information you need another solution such as alanrwood's first option.

martd7 13:48 30 Jul 2017

On the Nokia Lumia 925 I cannot store contacts on the sim card its not an option

Alan rwood thanks I will try that when I purchase the phone in a few weeks time

The Kestrel 09:42 20 Oct 2017

Here's a Youtube clip click here and a tutorial click here that may help you with the transfer.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?