Motorola A780 with GPS I'd be lost without it! :)

Widows Son 13:43 08 Mar 2006

Sorry for the really bad pun but I thought I'd let you know about my new toy!

I just got my new Motorola A780 a couple of weeks ago and have found it to be excellent..

It runs on linux, syncs in with your pc’s outlook, plays Java games, can be controlled via stylus, has camera mp3 player etc etc

But what really sold it to me was the built in GPS. This (correct me if I’m wrong) is the only smartphone on the market with completely built in GPS (I know loads of others can be set up with another Bluetooth connected box). It runs CoPilot Live and comes with Uk and Ireland maps preinstalled. This is particularly useful as I live in Northern Ireland and many GPS systems are mainland GB only. GPS works well – every road I’ve looked for has been listed – and I’ve only had a few “turn lefts” when it should have been “bear left”. Generally locks on to current position within 1 minute and has never taken longer than 2

And I got it free on a £33pm contract (18 months 1st 3 months and last 3 months ½ price.

Only problem is that on contract its with T mobile only at present (not sure if any others will start to do it) or sim free (approx £350)

SG Atlantis® 18:15 08 Mar 2006

click here

Doesn't appeal to me, nor do Motorola handsets in general. I prefer Nokia or Sony Ericsson.

But I'm glad you're happy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017