More Freeview Retune Woes.

onionskin 00:34 24 Nov 2009

Winter Hill region. Everything was fine following the last retune, over the last couple of days I've lost several channels, Sky News, Quest, Sky Three, Dave, Sky Sports News, etc.

I've tried Auto retune and Reset, all that happened was these channels disappeared from the Programme Guide. Manual tuning refuses to work, it just sticks on Channel 62.

I have noticed that the current RF channel numbers for this area are listed as 56,62,63,66 and 68.
The RF channel numbers from 2nd Dec will be 55,58,59,61 and 62.
The RF channel numbers I'm currently receiving are 62,63,66 and 67. That is 68 and 56 are missing and these will be dropped from the new line up. I assume this accounts for the missing TV channels, and I'm guessing that 67 is the radio or text channels.

Anyone know what's happening? Has anyone else in the North West lost Sky News etc.? Am I doomed to buy a new TV (this one had the Digital Tick) or a set top box? Will it all come right on 2nd Dec?

onionskin 12:27 24 Nov 2009

More programme channels have vanished, yesterday I had 77, today I have 60.
The analogue frequencies for this area are 55,62,59,65 and 48 for BBC1, 2, ITV, C4 and C5.

wiz-king 17:24 24 Nov 2009

Scroll down to the big red box click here

wiz-king 17:31 24 Nov 2009

More details click here

onionskin 18:11 24 Nov 2009

Thanks. I'm missing multiplex C then. I did contact Diital UK, just got a reply.
They recommended disconnecting the arial, switching on the TV and doing a reset or retune then reconnecting the arial and doing a reset again. Tried that and got back to 77 programme channels but still nothing on multiplex C (freq. 56).
56 isn't one of the new frequencies to be used from Dec, so I expect things will be as normal from then, just wondering why it's only me missing channels.

onionskin 18:39 24 Nov 2009

The more I read about it, the more confused I get. I've just read that C56 will be Mux NEW8, also that it won't be. It does seem that I'm not alone though in losing TV channels.

onionskin 21:42 24 Nov 2009

I've just turned the TV on and I've now got 114 programme channels. I'm sure I only had 89 before.

Turned it off again because I couldn't find anything worth watching.

six-h 22:22 24 Nov 2009

Try this site, click here enter your post code and also tick the "I am in the aerial installation trade" box. Your UHF channel numbers are in the grey columns in the Digital Transmitters section. The compass bearing for the available transmitters at your address are also shown so you can check to see which transmitter your aerial is actually pointing at. You should only use the transmitter that your aerial is pointing at.
I found it helpful in resolving duplications caused by CH67, just omitting this from the channel scan solved the problem and all I lost was the "Red Button" channel.
(I'm south of Winterhill)

onionskin 22:54 24 Nov 2009

Thanks six-h. It seems to have sorted itself out, despite my efforts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?