Monitors with Built in TV for PC

cash 20:02 02 Jan 2006

I am thinking of getting a 17 or 19 inch TFT Monitor with built in TV Tuner
Like the LG L173ST to use on my P3 computer.

What I would like to know is, are these all in one LCD TV Monitors any good?
Suitable for general PC uses, all types of gaming and good for watching TV.

Is it a question of plug and play or will I also need something like a TV card on my PC for watching TV?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Carbonara 21:45 02 Jan 2006

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 710MP which is a 17" flatscreen monitor with built-in TV tuner, it works perfectly as a PC Monitor and if I use an aerial connection it receives terrstrial TV or bu plugging in a Freeview box or the Sky digibox (both via Scart connections) the picture is fine. Can't comment on Games, don't use them. No TV card is necessary it's all built into the Monitor.

007al 00:51 03 Jan 2006
  cash 13:47 05 Jan 2006

Thanks for replying,
Can you watch the TV without turning on your computer?
Any suggestions for the flat screen monitor.

007al 16:52 05 Jan 2006

Yes,its completely seperate.You have to press a button for it to switch to pc on the one i have,although mine is a different make,there would be something similar i would think.

flaming 01:53 10 Jan 2006

Did you mean that with a set-top box I would be able to watch TV through my TFT TV monitor with no extra aerial? I could wait and see if that is so. The communal satellite aerial at my block of flats is quite expensive to join.
As this is an area not covered by Freeview yet(and might be last,I reckon) perhaps I have no alternative to the communal satellite aerial?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?