Memory Cards.

lisa02 09:52 18 Oct 2007

Which do you use?

I just bought 4 of click here sd 2gb ultra II cards.

But putting them into the camera is a tight squeeze.

They seem to be slightly, slightly thicker than the norm compared to a Kingston 512mb sd card I have.

I have also been told that the extra write speed is a waste of money.

ventanas 10:05 18 Oct 2007

I use these (Sandisk) on two of my cameras, and they fit ok. For my SLR's I use the extreme 111 (CF) and the extra speed is worth every penny - twice as fast, and necessary when shooting raw.

ventanas 10:22 18 Oct 2007

By the way, if the price you paid is as advertised that is a remarkable bargain. (Are they new?)

lisa02 10:32 18 Oct 2007

Yeah, brand new in retail packaging. The exact same as stocked in Jessops on the high street.

I paid £12.99 each, the price has dropped by another 50p since just last week. :((

cycoze 10:47 18 Oct 2007

As ventanas, i use Sandisk Extreme III CF`s have a few 2GB cards, just bought 2 4GB`s, fast enough for what i want, also i know i could buy a 12GB or 16GB but for now find 4gb ample without putting all my eggs into one basket.

Also use Fuji 1GB xD picture Cards for other cameras.

Faster read/write speeds depend on how your shooting and what camera, i tested two cards of different speeds on a 5 shot burst, the faster rated card did save the images quicker 15 to 13, not a huge margin but faster, cards which are even faster may save quicker still, like i said though depends on what your shooting.

lisa02 12:28 19 Oct 2007

I'm using them on Canon cameras, the A570IS and the A720IS.

Will tick as resolved.

crazyc1 12:45 19 Oct 2007

I use a Sandisk 6gb MicroSDHC card in my Orange M3100 phone. Am going to use my old 2gb card in my camera via the SD adapter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?