MCE Problem - DVD burning of TV shows

john bunyan 16:51 30 Jan 2008

Disk burning in MCE.

After a clean reinstall of my MCE PC I cannot burn video DVD's from recorded tv shows - only Data DVDs are an option . Before the problem I could use either Cybelink Power DVD 5 or a bought but downloaded Sonic Primetime - this worked well and burnt DVDs that played on any DVD player. I reinstalled Cyberlink 6 from the Evesham pack I had, but Primetime was lost. I then bought Roxio Copy and Convert after finding out Primetime is not around, but it does not seem to integrate with MCE. Any ideas? I also have Roxio Creator 10.

MCE2K5 20:08 30 Jan 2008

Full Sonic DVD Burn Plug-in, sp30294.exe 1/1 (2.48M), From click here

john bunyan 20:25 30 Jan 2008

MCE2K5. Thanks. Regrettably I lost the Sonic Primetime designed for the job. Sonic and Roxio now do not seem to have a replacement. The link you gave seems to be for notebooks , not full PCs with MCE and I am loathe to download withput a certainty thed it embeds into MCe and does the transcoding job of dvr-ms to video for DVD. Have you used it? JB

MCE2K5 20:36 30 Jan 2008

That's the plug-in I had to get for my PC MCE2005 as mine came only with the Data DVD Plug-in.

MCE2K5 20:40 30 Jan 2008

Found the Link from here, click here

john bunyan 23:33 30 Jan 2008

MCE2K5. Thanks very much. I will have a good look at this. Got to go away for a few days but will retun and try it. JB

john bunyan 16:46 07 Feb 2008

MCE2K5
Found Roxio Creator 10 or a cut down version "Copy and Convert" seems to do it, but I cannot understand why Roxio seem to have discontinued Sonic Primetime which was very user friendly in MCE. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?