making a dvd movie

mannock 13:30 27 Aug 2006

i have a avi movie file of approx 6gb and want to put it onto a dvd+r dual layer disc. the only software i have is windows movie maker which doesn't seem to support dvd, and nero 6.
so i tried nero smart start, and selected dvd, then photo and video, then make your own dvd-video, then add video files, and selected the 6gb avi file. the problem is, it shows as only using less than 2gb of disc space, and the maximum as about 4.5gb but if i click the disc info button, it recognises the disc as dual layer 8152mb . so why is it compressing the file and only showing half the capacity of the blank dvd?

kinger 15:45 27 Aug 2006

Does your version of Nero support Double Layer discs, you may need an update.

mannock 17:41 27 Aug 2006

i've updated to the latest version of my nero. 6.6.1.4 enterprise edition. and the disc info recognises the full size, it just doesn't show in the composition window.

Eimy 07:59 28 Aug 2006

I've recorded a movie via my Video Camera-Hi8-Sony using Tape. Stupid of me .. I do not know how to transfer the movie from the tape to my PC for editing. Anyone could assist me? BTW, I lost the manual so I guess I'm living in the dark right now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires