losing freeview channels

rambus 20:43 11 Dec 2008

hi,i am having problems with a freeview box. what happens is that i do a new install of freeview and get all the channels for my area (the wirral) i watch tv and all is fine, the next evening i can only get some of the channels, so i do a fresh installation again and this go`s on every day, how can i get the box to remember all channels. ideas very welcome.

JanetO 08:54 12 Dec 2008

If it's a Sagem throw it away, that's what we did.

Stuartli 15:37 13 Dec 2008

It's a common problem at the moment in the North West (ITV and Sky channels are particularly affected due to the different type of transmission in use); it could be linked to the switchover in a year's time.

This morning Sky and ITV Freeview channels were unavailable on my main TV but, without doing a check, I'm sure they are back to normal now.

The problem could well arise again later on this evening.

Retuning makes no difference and is pointless in any case.

rambus 20:44 13 Dec 2008

thanks for your advice Stuartli, looks like theres no way out of this cycle at the momment. the only reason i do a reinstall is to have access to all channels that evening. which has become a pain.

Silverlight1 18:25 18 Feb 2010

The newer sagem boxes do seem to be winning some plaudits...

click here

rambus 18:57 18 Feb 2010

thanks Silverlight1 for the info, but glad to say i have now bought a tv with freeview pre-installed and since the switchover to full digital signal in my area (north west) i no longer have this problem. i will now tick this as resolved. many thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?