Looking for good digital camcorder - ideas please

webber_man 22:09 09 Apr 2006

Hi,

I am looking to get a decent digital camcorder. I know very little about camcorders but have a bit of an idea of what i want.

Basically, am looking for a camcorder that i can download the videos/still images direct to PC. Obviously was the best quality possible for the money (about £250-£300). Decent zoom, resolution etc. I don't know what types of media certain camcorders use but SD or something similar would be cool.

If they only all still use DV media how would i convert that to say .avi or .mpeg to burn to DVD? Is this all done by the software?

Apologise for my ignorance!! Cheers.

etorres 16:47 11 Apr 2006

I went with the panasonic mini dv, because it was inexpensive, has great opitcal zoom, still photo, sd card, color lcd viewfinder monitor, it comes with a good software program but it is confusing. Windows Movie Maker is great and for free......... I like the firewire capability because thats pure fast clean uploading....

MAGIC180 17:35 13 Apr 2006

I STARTED CONVERTING VIDEO TO DVD WITH VIDEO`S OF TEN YEARS AGO ALL MORE. USING AN OLD ANALOGUE VIDEO CAMERA.AND VHS TAPES WITH GREAT SUCCESS.
THE OTHER DAY I WAS LOOKING FOR DVD OR HARD DRIVE CAMCORDERS IN WHICH ARE HALF THE SIZE OF AN ANALOGUE. TO MY AMAZEMENT I FOUND CAMCORDERS £100 CHEAPER ON EBUYER THAN ARGOS. I HAVE SHOPPED WITH EBUYER ON MANY OCCASIONS AND NEVER LET ME DOWN. ALSO YOU NEED SOFTWARE TO CHANGE DVD FORMAT TO DIVX OR AVI TO DO YOUR EDITING. I USE INTERVIEDO DVD 2 AND ROXIO 7.5. I UNDERSTAND THAT ROXIO 8 IS GOOD TOO.

De Marcus™ 21:41 13 Apr 2006

Cheap n Cheerful click here

Well within your budget click here

Toward the top end of your budget click here

Just some to look at and of course a bump!

Stuartli 20:30 15 Apr 2006

Four Samsung models at £152 or less at:

click here

Top priced three models are miniDV type.

webber_man 22:54 15 Apr 2006

Thanks all.

Went for the VC GR-D247 Mini DV from Ebuyer in the end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?