A little advice before starting please.

wolfie3000 08:16 24 Aug 2006

I am about to start a huge video project and was wondering what advise others have?

Should i defragment my hard drive?

Are there any websites i should visit for tips and maybe some cool stuff?

I and a few others who are doing this project will be using the following.

Ulead video studio

Audacity

Pinnacle studio

Ulead photoimpact

Zmodeler (3d designing tool)

Multi theft auto v0.5

Grand theft auto vice city

Any tips, websites and general advice welcome.

Pamy 13:23 24 Aug 2006

from your passed posts I would have thought that you are the one to give others video advice.

I would have thought that you would have a dedicaed HDD for video work and once one project was finnished you would clear it ready for the next. Also your main HDD would have the minimal amount of progs.

You could try click here for help if you do not allready do so.

Pamy 13:25 24 Aug 2006

link not correct, it is digital video magazine site

wolfie3000 16:47 24 Aug 2006

Thanks Pamy,

I am still learning about video tecniques,
I do know a bit but im no way as good as some others, I find it best to learn as much as possible.

I will try your website suggestion thanks.

wiz-king 14:21 25 Aug 2006

and use a sensible filing name so that you can keep track of what you have done in a Excel or word file.
Don't go too deep with folders as you can only record to disk down a few levels.
so start with a 'project X' folder and the number files by title, date and version number

eg- x-background-250806-ver1

then start another folder 'project X discards' and after you create better/new versions of a file drag the old files to this folder and make a note in your spreadsheet what you have altered on the new file. This could be something simple like 'change colour to jacket from xxx to yyy' then it is easy to go back to a previous version.

Keep a backup copy on a separate disk or drive or even file it away on the internet just in case.

Al94 22:07 25 Aug 2006

Agree with Pamy, a seperate drive is essential for serious video work and so cheap now.

vinnyT 13:54 27 Aug 2006

This site comes recommende in PCA this month, click here.

'This site will help you to make your own VideoCDs, SVCDs or DVDs that can be played on your standalone DVD Player from video sources like DVD, Video, TV, DV, Cam or downloaded movie clips like DivX, MOV, RM, WMV and ASF. We also have extensive lists of Capture Cards, DVD Media, computer DVD Writers, desktop DVD Recorders and desktop DVD Players with features, compatibility information and user comments. '

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone