L.C.D. T.V.'s...How should they Travel?

Chrisann 14:51 06 Aug 2008

Hi. I have bought a 23" inch Tochiba LCD T.V. for our Touring Caravan. I have been told that it should only travel upright..something to do with the Liquid Crystals in the Screen.

Can anyone advise me..as it is best laid down on a fixed Bed for travelling etc. Will this harm it at all.?

Thankyou for any advise on this.

Chrisann.

Diemmess 15:46 06 Aug 2008

Just a wild guess.....

No special travel arrangements, just avoid sudden shock loads or damage to the screen surface.

I can see no reason to fear the "liquid crystals" moving about, otherwise ordinary travel in a parcel van would be dead on arrival at the delivery address!

jack 17:08 06 Aug 2008

LCD Screens!
Think Laptops,Phones,SatNavs, Portable DVD Players

These things seem quite rugged for normal travel and handling.

User2008 17:47 06 Aug 2008

Fix it to the wall? I don't anything about Caravans but coudln't you do that? When it's fixed to the wall there's no chance of it being knocked over or elbows hitting it.

Part from that Diemmess is correct.... no shocks and protect the screen. Laying it flat on the bed is fine as long as it doesn't bounce off.

laurie53 20:14 06 Aug 2008

Regularly take my lcd with us when we go on holiday.

Wrapped in a blanket face down on the back seat does it for me, but it might be a different story with a couple of kids in the back. lol

Stuartli 21:17 06 Aug 2008

One of my offspring carried a secondhand 32in LCD TV set (wrapped in a thick blanket) in the car boot to his home some 150 miles away - worked perfectly when plugged in.

dms_05 21:40 06 Aug 2008

We've transported a LCD TV about Europe in our motorhome. I guess its done 25,000 miles over the years - face down on some bubble wrap on a bench seat. No problems to date!

Chrisann 14:55 08 Aug 2008

Thank you all for your replies and it seems I will be o.k. with it travelling well protected laid flat on the fixed Bed.

Chrisann....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone