LCD TV as your PC Monitor?

  Voy06 18:39 27 Dec 2005

Hi folks

Thinking of buying a Samsung or Philips 26" LCD TV that has PC Input to replace my current CRT style TV and 19" Viewsonic TFT PC monitor.

What I would like to know is, will a 26" Lcd TV be suitable for PC gaming and general PC use. I know the image quality will be good for watching TV and DVD'S but not too sure about whether it will be good for the PC side of things.

Thankyou for your opinions/advice.

  powerless 20:30 27 Dec 2005

Yup it will be ok for games, internet, email errr anything really. The only thing you might be limited on is the screen res. of the TV.

This new Sony LCD TV that I have click here only has a max res. of 1024*768 but it can display text just fine.

click here

  Voy06 20:50 27 Dec 2005

I was thinking of these two models:

click here
click here

I am tempted by the Samsung rather than the Philips.

  powerless 21:01 27 Dec 2005

Originally I was after the Samsung 26" and was only awaiting delivery. But Curry's informed me that the TV was being recalled by Samsung for H&S reasons, this was only two weeks ago.

  Voy06 21:29 27 Dec 2005

I think that model of TV may be okay now as Comet have just put that model back on there website.

So in your opinion do you think it would be worth while getting this TV and using as both TV/PC Monitor keeping in mind that I will using it for watching TV, DVD's, Internet, word processing etc?

Thanks again

  powerless 23:25 27 Dec 2005

Have a read through this click here

But yes it could do what you want. I'd go to comet and actually see it action before you finally decide.

  Voy06 15:16 29 Dec 2005

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated. I think I will Buy the Samsung LCD after seeing it in action. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?