KODAK NIGHTMARE

juara 19:32 30 Mar 2006

Hican anyone help? I need to download Kodak software for my digital camera as I cannot find the disc.I have just purchased a new PC and I would like to get my pictures on.

Has anyone any idea how to get on to the Kodak website as I have found it impossible for the last couple of weeks, trying all possible links.
My camera will not allow any other software as I have tried to no avail.

I am amazed that a company like this should have such a shoddy website.
Alternatively does anyone know where I can purchase a disc as PC world dont stock them.

Thank you for any help, really greatful.

hssutton 19:39 30 Mar 2006

logged straight on, no problem click here

jack 19:47 30 Mar 2006

Assuming you new computer is one of the XP's

You will not need any software to down the camera images- simply plug it in the the camera is recognised as a new drive. simply click it op and the image folder will be revealed. Any image editor from then on will process the images. If you do not have an image editor there are many to choose from from including free such as Picassa.
There is a school of opinion in fact that when buy a digital camera the software disk is best left in the box.
If you still have difficulty with the camera
Then a card reader is another solution.

rmcqua 15:22 31 Mar 2006

Kodak have a great web site. Here's their support page, with loads of downloads. Having said that, I am inclined to agree with jack and not bother with the camera's software. You say your PC is new, so presumably running XP, so you should be able to transfer images with the transfer wizard in XP.

hssutton 16:22 31 Mar 2006

Normally I would agree with jack & rmcqua on this, but as the Kodak software is readily available easy to use it's also a decent piece of software + it's free. Kodaks software is not just for Kodak camera users, it's suitable for anyone

Forum Editor 09:24 01 Apr 2006

you've been trying for the last couple of weeks, but the link provided by hssutton is the one you want. You'll have no problem finding the software for your camera, just follow the prompts and download.

The site is excellent, and I'm puzzled as to why you should think it "such a shoddy website".

juara 20:14 01 Apr 2006

Thank you for your responses. I have tried the link H Sutton provided and I dont know if anyone has waited long enough for it to load, but you could go and cook a three course meal in between. I also asked a friend to try from their computer with same result. If you try downloading the software eventually things go from bad to worse.

hssutton 21:08 01 Apr 2006

Have just downloaded this software to see if there is a problem. After registering and log-in It took exactly 7 mins 15 secs to download & install.

Not bad for a very comprehensive piece of software that is also freeware.

If you are on dial-up then expect approx 30-40 min to download

Forum Editor 00:14 02 Apr 2006

I assume that you are using a dial-up connection, and that's why you feel the site is slow to load?

It certainly loads OK on a broadband connection.

rdave13 01:39 02 Apr 2006

If you set the camera to the right icon then switch on the camera and connect to the pc then xp will give you a list to choose from how you would like to download to your pc. I usually pick files and folders. Only after you download to your pc you can upload to any site you wish. Hope this helps.

SG Atlantis® 10:55 02 Apr 2006

I'm on a 10meg connection and it's slow to load and I'm not having any other problems or slowness.

I agree with just plugging the camera in without downloading - they're plug and play devices now, nearly all supported by XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017