jpeg images on a dvd player

flyingbrit 19:11 27 Jul 2006

I have just burned some jpeg images to cd that are between 2 and 3 meg each, tried to play them on my dvd player to view on tv and got the error message "out of memory" from the player on the tv screen. Is there a maximum size jpeg image a dvd player will render? and does anyone know what it is? or is it different with each model?
By the way I compressed each image to just less than 500kb and the images played...

siouxah1 22:48 27 Jul 2006

Have many photos between 2 and 3 megs. They play without problem on a Panasonic DMR EX75 and an Ellion DVX520.
Bit slow on both but no problem.
Can't remember the size of some rather large files played on the Ellion. Will try and find them and look at the size.
Which player are you using?

Brian

flyingbrit 17:23 28 Jul 2006

Thanks siouxah1, the player is a Nissan divx xvid player, it has played everything I've thrown at it so far, even windows media files, but these large jpeg's just won't have it.....John

siouxah1 21:59 28 Jul 2006

flyingbrit,
don't have any knowledge of the Nissan. I have however checked the files I mentioned earlier.

They range from 2.5 to 6.19 MB each. Just tried them on my most expensive DVD player. It dealt with the files with no problem.

(Joke really, I have just referred to a Cyberhome player costing less than £20. It played the files better than the other two.)

I'm sure they are ordinary jpegs you have, but have you tried writing them again? Mind you, suppose it could be the Player.

Unless it's a very old player they must surely expect people to have files of a quite large size with cameras as they are today.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?