Is It Worth Repairing My Asus?

morddwyd 12:45 03 Sep 2017
Answered

Entirely through my on stupidity, no excuses, I have cracked the screen of my ASUS ZenPad Z300M 10-Inch Tablet.

At £150 for a new one is it worth repairing?

wee eddie 13:49 03 Sep 2017

If it is only the glass that has been broken, then it appears that a replacement can be purchased for around £15 - £20.

I'd rate that as "worth a try"

morddwyd 22:14 03 Sep 2017

Hard to tell.

The display comes on, but doesn't respond to touch so it may be the digitizer as well.

I's also not a DIY job for me, vision and dexterity problems.

morddwyd 16:49 04 Sep 2017
Answer

In a word, the answer is no!

£100+ for a repair, and the repair shop themselves say they can get me a new one for about £120!

I'll mark this as dead.

Thanks for the response.

BRYNIT 17:28 04 Sep 2017

morddwyd, if it's not responding and as you say have a vision and dexterity problem it will likely cost more than it's worth. If you have nothing you need off the tablet you can factory reset it and then sell it on ebay etc to recoup some of the money CLICK HERE for instructions. Due to no screen control you should be able to hold the power button until it powers off. If you need to retrieve any documents and don't have a bluetooth keyboard attached you could try connect a USB keyboard/mouse using a USB to micro USB adaptor, after connecting the keyboard/mouse you will need to reboot for them to work.

1]: [click here

morddwyd 20:01 04 Sep 2017

you can factory reset it

How?

BRYNIT 22:55 04 Sep 2017

Instructions on how to factory reset tablet CLICK HERE

morddwyd 09:24 05 Sep 2017

I'm afraid that link is not working!

BRYNIT 18:01 05 Sep 2017

Lets try again. Instructions on how to factory reset tablet CLICK HERE

If the link does not work this time just copy and paste.

hardreset.info/devices/asus/asus-z300c-zenpad-10/

morddwyd 10:13 06 Sep 2017

Thank you BRYNIT and my apologies.

I had totally forgotten about power and volume key methods.

I can only blame senile decay!

Busy today but will give it a try tomorrow and update.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017