Is it possible to create menus for divx videos on dvd?

theDarkness 22:28 01 Aug 2008

Since many home players nowadays are divx friendly, i am wondering if i convert my family movies to divx, whether i could also create a viewable menu which would show exactly as on a standard commercial movie, being able to select my divx files? I have searched but cant seem to find useful software

MCE2K5 22:38 01 Aug 2008

DivX Pro for Windows click here

DivX Converter
DivX Converter is the official DivX video creation software application. It lets you:

Drag-and-drop nearly any video format to create a high-quality, highly compressed DivX video

"Merge and convert multiple videos into a single DivX file with an automatically generated menu"

Back up your home-made DVDs, compress a full movie to fit onto one regular CD (requires the optional ?2,74 DivX Converter MPEG-2/DVD Plug-in)
Convert up to 1080p HD

theDarkness 22:57 01 Aug 2008

Ive been using autoGK and koyote free video converter to convert my files, seems like theres no way to have these files still as divx being accessable via a menu unless i encode the whole lot again? I thought menus were only possible in the Vob/bup/ifo format, but was in the hope it might be possible to create some sort of menu whilst the files remained as avi divx or xvid on disc..

MCE2K5 23:10 01 Aug 2008

"Merge and convert multiple videos into a single DivX file with an automatically generated menu"

If they are in divx format, No conversion is done, It puts them together with a menu (as one file), Divx DVD Player reads the Disk, Shows the Menu, You select which Video and it plays.

theDarkness 23:18 01 Aug 2008

Ok thanks! ill give it a go and see what happens :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?