Ipod rant!

heepster 21:29 28 Dec 2007

I have an 80gig classic and I have to say after 2 days of trying to get my head around it and Itunes, I find it to be the most difficult player to use and frustrating in the extreme to upload to. Itunes has knocked out my ADSL driver modem on installation, and is the clunkiest and most oddball program I have ever encountered!AWFUL PIECE OF KIT....

bremner 11:05 29 Dec 2007

It is unfortunate that you are having problems and I guess you have a Speedtouch modem.

iTunes is a great piece of software and very simple to set up and use. If you can say exactly what you are having difficulty with we can probably point you in the right direction.

^wave^ 11:38 29 Dec 2007

itunes is good and very easy to use sorry to hear you are having problems but if you are new go to ilounge just google it and they are a good site for all things ipod and they do tutorials on most things hope this helps

heepster 22:35 29 Dec 2007

Thanks Bremmer,yes it is a speedtouch modem. Is this a known fault? Well the audio on my videos plays ok on my computer but are jerky on the ipod(even after I used the convert to ipod option)and it just seems such a slow process. Also my daughters Sony walkman is VERY easy to use and it automatically puts my albums and tracklisting into it when they are ripped from cds. I just cant get itunes to do that and have to manually input tracklistings which is a tedious buisness.Any help would be much appreciated.

bremner 13:41 30 Dec 2007

I have seen a number of people with that Modem having issues when installing a recent version of iTunes. I am not sure but I think that you need to reinstall the driver and make sure you have the latest 7.5 version of iTunes click here

I do not understand why your iTunes is not putting ripped CD's in properly, iTunes has always done this as you require.

Video conversion is a slow process, there are many 3rd party apps out there that will do this. My choice is Handbrake click here small and easy to use.

heepster 18:59 30 Jan 2008

Thanks everyone. I have bought a new modem and put a hammer through the old one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?