Installing Patch on Satellite Receiver

Mclearns Bald 15:15 29 Apr 2007

I recently downloaded a patch for my Silvercrest SL 65 satellite receiver. I had the receiver connected to the PC and clicked onto the patch file and nothing happened. So does anyone know what I missed out in doing?

STREETWORK 09:18 06 May 2007

It is possibly a flash file and was installed silently, this happens with mine sometimes...

Arnie 11:54 07 May 2007

“I had the receiver connected to the PC and clicked onto the patch file and nothing happened.”
In general, if you have connected the correct lead to the computer and receiver, then as the download starts the receiver should blank out and then finally reboot.

Your receiver uses a RS-232 port. The trouble here is that some leads differ in their wire to pin connections. Pins 2 & 3 should be crossed over.
If you wish to software upgrade from satellite, you will need to tune to the Astra 19.2 degrees satellite. Look for Comag. This method will take around an hour.

Personally if the receiver is working ok I would leave well alone. A blip on the update download can render your receiver useless and void the 3 year guarantee.

Useful links:
click here Comag’s site.

Read the following for info on download problems.
click here

Comag Service Centre
Unit 1
Longs Industrial Estate
Gorleston
Great Yarmouth
Norfolk
NR31 6BE
Tel: 01493 667750

Hardware version on 8 June 2005 V.20.9
Software V.AAT 6158A

The SL65 is a nice compact receiver with some limitations, it is still excellent value for £40.
I bought mine from Lidl’s but I have replaced it with a Manhattan Plaza ST100.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?