I'm a Mobile Phone First Timer, HELP !!!

GaryLubrani 21:31 18 May 2014

first, thanks for letting me join the forum :)

Now, right to the meat:

I never had a cell phone. I did buy an iPad Air a few months ago (to use for sheet music, watch movies, music) and I built my PC so I'm not tech ignorant, just mobile phone ignorant (I have an electronics tech background).

Here's my needs:

• to be able to tether my PC to the phone so I can cancel my landline DSL service and landline phone (Qwest, CenturyLink)
  • Daily internet surfing required, no gaming, almost no downloading, rare visit to Youtube, etc
  • mostly want this mobile phone for emergency use when on the road (I don't text at all or spend hours chatting on the phone)
  • I have Bluetooth that came with the car stereo (2013 Scion xB), would be nice to be able to transfer songs to the phone (from PC, iTunes, etc) and use as source of music when driving the car
  • would like to watch a movie I transfer from PC to the Phone but 1920x1080 is not a requirement

thanks for any hekpl to get me headed in a good direction

rdave13 23:58 18 May 2014

I would certainly contact mobile phone internet suppliers such as 3 or EE or any of the major players. What you are asking wouldn't come cheap I would think and they would also be able to show you how strong/weak your connection would be indoors in your area. Try their customer support and see what they suggest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?