i-Tunes and Windows Media Player

Bad Beagle 12:31 24 Feb 2007

Hi,

I'm recently into downloading and many of the songs I want are on i-Tunes. However once purchased I cannot get them into Windows Media PLayer and thus onto my non-Apple MP3 player. The only way appears to burn a disc and then rip into WMP.

Does anyone know an easier way ???

Many thanks

Steve

Kate B 14:13 24 Feb 2007

No, there isn't an easier way, I don't think; and whatever you do you're converting one lossy format into another. Music bought from iTunes comes in protected AAC, a format that doesn't play on most (if not all) non-iPods.

Best way to buy music, in my humble, is to buy CDs and rip them to your format of choice and then put them on to your player.

If you want to download your music rather than buy CDs, you will have to use another Music Service.

Here are some to look at:

Napster - click here

Virgin Digital - click here

and several web based providers based on OD2 - click here

I use Napster myself and highly rate it, although I would recommend you be a Napster Light member and download the tracks at 79p each rather than becomming a subscriber where you pay £15/month for unlimited downloads that are compatable on your MP3 player but only work as long as you continue to subscribe.

Bad Beagle 10:57 25 Feb 2007

The reason I wanted to download was to find those unusal old songs that I just can't get anywhere else or where I don't want to buy a whole album !

m4819 11:31 28 Feb 2007

Have you tried Limewire?

It is illeagal to download copyright protected content form Limewire. This includes 99.9% of music.

Rute 12:13 01 Mar 2007

Hi,

This piece of software is well worth the $15.
click here

It will convert your m4p or wma files into mp3

SURVEY 09:28 03 Mar 2007

Rute - but would there be any loss of quality in converting the wma files to mp3? Or is this just a matter of converting the file tag?

Yes there would be further loss

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?