i have a sony dvd recorder and i need help

ROB.R 11:19 15 Apr 2007

i have a sony dvd recorder model rdr-hxd710. my problem is when i record say corry and then i record eastenders it always cuts of the end of corry ie if one starts at 7.30 and the other starts at 8.00 i have tried to set the clock manually but i cant help needed my wife is always giving me greef about it

Stuartli 16:29 15 Apr 2007

The problem would appear to be that you are not leaving a short period of time for one programme to end and the other to be set up for recording by the machine.

If you have Freeview, then you could record one or the other later the same night on ITV2 or BBC3(?)...:-)

Bapou 18:29 15 Apr 2007

Not exactly the same two programmes but when a similar 'crisis' arises I have resorted to timing the first prog to end 20.00 hrs, the second prog to start 20.01hrs.

The second prog is usually on the initial opening credits then and has saved me a lot of earache. Not always, but a lot.

Have noticed, Corrie and The Bill often overrun by the odd minute which can be a nuisance.

megat193 11:07 16 Apr 2007

Corrie always used to finish at 3 minutes to the hour to allow for adverts. Lately it has run on until the hour - deliberate perhaps?
One thing to check is your recorder clock. If you have set it to automatic then it should be fairly accurate (it won't update continuously through the day), but if it is on manual update then it could be nearly a minute out of synch and you might not notice.

Fellsider 20:23 24 Apr 2007

Record Corrie from ITV2 later in the evening.

Stuartli 20:40 24 Apr 2007

Snap..:-)

rodriguez 10:21 25 Apr 2007

This could be a problem with the BBC/ITV starting the programmes too early or too late. I've noticed a few occasions when this happens (especially on ITV). The other thing you could do if you've got Sky is set the recorder from 7:25 to 8:35 and use Sky's AutoView feature. You set a reminder for the programme you want to record second, and then press the red button when it's in the reminders list. A little red icon with an "A" in it will appear next to it and when the second programme is about to start a reminder will pop up and about 60 seconds later the Sky box will change channels itself. This saves you having to set the 2 programmes seperately and gives the recorder extra recording time (it doesn't have to spin the disc down and write seperate entries into the menu), but if the BBC or ITV timing is still off, it might still cut the end or start off one.

jack 10:50 25 Apr 2007

BBC is increasing 'padding the beginning/end of progs with trailers[Ads?]
Some- me included complain about this - but perhaps there is method in their madness
to give start/finish leeway.
So give your self a minute or so on start times 20,01 instead of 20,00

ROB.R 08:42 28 Apr 2007

i just recording one min later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?