how to resize and edit m2v video files?

theDarkness 15:45 16 Jun 2009

i am transferring low quality family mobile phone photos and videos onto a dvd as a test to how they would look on a tv screen (yes, i need to buy a digital video camera!). I use dvdauthor to create a menu, which accepts m2v video files, so i convert my original mpeg mobile videos to m2v. dvdauthor then creates the final vob files from my collection of m2v videos and photos to burn as a final dvd (vob files).

I have found that my ripped videos do look pretty poor, as to be expected:- but the frame rate is oddly low on the tv for the finished dvd, yet on pc, the final dvd files play ok with no frame rate problems. the other issue is that the picture is very dark for all my mobile videos, both on the tv and phone (same as original).

I was thinking perhaps the low frame rate problem could be either a frame rate or video dimension issue when playing a movie on a normal dvd player full screen, so I am wondering if there any tools out there to simply half the size of any m2v? or even as a last resort create a border for the m2v movies?

my mobile videos look poor enough, so i dont want them taking up the whole tv screen anyway- this could give me the option of adding a caption underneath as each video is played perhaps?
Im not 100% sure if shrinking the dimensions of the m2v file will give me a half size video when played on a tv however with the final dvd vobs, as i use dvdauthor to add the m2v mobile videos to my dvd menu. dvdauthor may well stretch my final m2v videos when it creates the final dvd. dvdauthor does not give me any options to resize any videos on screen or give me the option of adding a border etc, so i do not know how i can get around being able to shrink the final videos when played on a tv?

I am wondering if there are also any simple tools to increase the brightness of mpeg videos (the original mobile videos) or converted m2v videos, as most or mine are pretty dark? any simple editor would surely do, but i do not know of any- thanks if anyone can give any help! :)

JoeC 16:03 19 Jun 2009

click here

There may be something to help.

For editing / lightening (and lots more) video I use Movavi VideoSuite from

click here

theDarkness 01:22 31 Jul 2009

thanks, i will check them out

Jonna115 10:01 20 Aug 2009

Hi,i also want to recommend you the tool of Aimersoft DVD Creator,which can convert video to DVD easily and allow you to edit the videos at your pleasure.
Specifically,it supports avi,mp4,mpg,mpeg,3gp,wmv,asf,rm,rmvb,dat,mov,flv and even most HD formats like mkv files,flv(Youtube),m2ts,tp and trp.
What's more,you can customize the video by trimming, cropping and setting background music,brightness,contrast, saturation,resolution,frame,button,menu template,slideshow transition effect.
If you wanna learn more info about it,visit the link-> click here

steven605 07:17 19 Jan 2010

<a href="click here">Convert to MKV</a> is a powerful MKV video converter and MKV file converter, that can help you convert videos to MKV files with fast speed and excellent output quality.
<a href="click here">Convert MKV to DVD</a>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?