How old is this Panasonic 14" analogue TV?

Diemmess 10:21 29 Mar 2013
Answered

Model number is TX-14B4T

A trivial question, but if it is as old as I think it is, will give me a better argument in favour of replacing it! I have long since thrown away any paperwork now all warranties have expired and the retailer has closed.

The user manual has a number at the bottom of the front page, but may have more to do with the part number of the manual than any date of manufacturer --- This number is TQB8E3504-1

bremner 15:30 29 Mar 2013

It was first available on Amazon on 1/1/2001

Diemmess 12:24 30 Mar 2013
Answer

Thank you bremner, most helpful.

Its fine at present but gave me thought abut replacement when like a slap in the freeview box faile to find any signals during this weeks retune.

A good and very savvy friend gave me a simple answer which might just help others with systems that are functioning fine until it is time to re-tune.

Pull the aerial connection out so there's no possibility of a signal reaching the freeview box.

Carry out the re-tune as far as failure to find any signal. Replace the aerial, and run re-tune once more. Hey Presto!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?