High / low resolution photos

ronec 20:06 06 Feb 2007

I wish to download photos from my memory card to my computer. I use a card reader and have no trouble doing that. What I want to know is how I can download or convert the photos (the whole batch) in both high resolution and low resolution. I can do it one at a time, but for speed I need to be able to do it quickly. One batch is for the web and the other is for printing. I need to put them onto disk. It can be done, but I cannot seem to figure out how.
I use Photoshop 7.0 and Paint shop pro X1

De Marcus™ 21:30 06 Feb 2007

You can use visualiser for batch photo reduction (it's free for personal use). There are others, some used widely but I find this little app a gem for what you want.

click here

ronec 09:36 07 Feb 2007

thanks very much for the info De Marcus.
Have you tried the rest of their products?

Whaty 12:18 07 Feb 2007

Bookmarked

De Marcus™ 21:46 07 Feb 2007

No, just the freeby visualiser.

ronec 22:05 07 Feb 2007

Thanks De Marcus.
Have downloaded it and used it . Great just what I needed.

jack 08:40 08 Feb 2007

I'm glad you got whatyou wanted. but this does mean that you have a duplicate set of files taking up valuable disk space- when with this simple program you need only the hi-rez set- the program is a terminate and stay resident[TSR] which means it runs in the background- when you wish to attach an image to an e-mail say - you select it in the normal way and the 'ShrinkPic' copies it reduces it and sends it -just like that
ShrinkPic from click here

ronec 10:17 08 Feb 2007

thanks Jack. I need both rez. to hand to another person and then I can delete them. I have downloaded your suggestion anyway for future use. Cheers

martd77 12:26 10 Feb 2007

thanks very much de marcus ive been using irfanview to do this but visualiser looks much easier

rupie 00:19 15 Feb 2007

It is a shame because Photoshop CS can perform an automated web gallery. This is exactly what you need. It will create a web gallery to suit all your needs, this includes small thumb nails and also larger viewablw images

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?