Hello 2 all

metalmans 10:50 27 Nov 2006

want to buy a new laptop any ideas? my budget is around £1500. please and thank you.

anskyber 13:19 27 Nov 2006

Solid and reliable. click here

metalmans 14:32 28 Nov 2006

have got reply and thanks, but am still trying to make my mind up dont now alot about laptop or cumputer just the basic, hopefully by the time i get to know you all i will learnt alot ok thank you once more.(anskyber)

metalmans 08:49 29 Nov 2006

i was hoping for a reply. i read a few toturial about computer and other gadgets but could you please explain a little more in debts. thank you

metalmans 11:19 29 Nov 2006

I am a real computer dummy so here goes
My screen has become too large it overtakes the whole computer so you cant even see the red cross in the top right hand corner and i have also lost my clock at the bottom can anyone please help

anskyber 11:28 29 Nov 2006

Screen resolution probably. Go to your desktop (the view you see once the PC has booted0

Right click, properties, settings and move the slidder along. Click apply and OK. Your screen should have a native setting look in the manual and select the resolution it recommends. Post back if you cannot find it.

anskyber 11:30 29 Nov 2006

PS. If you continue to have problems tick this thread as resolved and post a new thread with an accurate title of your problem in the helproom you will get a faster response there.

anskyber 11:38 29 Nov 2006

Re your earlier post, laptop = compactness. Desktop = more for your money and if games are involved the safer bet if they are high end games.

metalmans 14:47 29 Nov 2006

thanks for your help, much appreciated for your support ok. my screen is showing now yea... time out, N thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?