HDMI to DVI cable from HDMI splitter No Image

noatron989 20:27 08 Apr 2016

I am trying to display a single image on two "HD Ready" Samsung TV's from a single PC laptop. I am using the HDMI port on the laptop, and it is connected to a powered 1x2 HDMI splitter. Each output is connected to an HDMI to DVI-D cable. One is 35 feet the other 50 feet. The DVI-D end is plugged into two identical Samsung flatscreens.

The TV's display a black screen with this set-up. If they are disconnected they say "Check DVI Cable". If I plug one of the HDMI to DVI-D cables directly into the PC then that TV works fine. As soon as the splitter is introduced they go black, but they don't go to sleep. I say this because if they dont receive a signal for long enough they click off and go to sleep so it seems like they are acknowledging some sort of signal...?

Another set-up I tried was to use an 8x8 HDMI switcher instead of the 1x2 splitter. When I did that the TV's displayed something about being the wrong resolution.

Thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?