Having contacts under Google and on the device How?

compumac 11:18 14 Jun 2013

I have some contacts that are shown under my contacts listing as being under Google, some under Device and some that are shown under both. If I create a new contact and specify the Device to hold the contacts details – when looking at the listings there are no indications as to its location i.e. Device or Google. How do I change a contact name from Google to the Device and vice versa, also how do I create the contact under both Google and the Device?

HXP 00:05 15 Jun 2013

At some point you have to decide you are going to have one database for your contacts.

If you just have contacts on your phone and it goes faulty, is lost or gets stolen your contacts go with it.

Having them on Google means they are backed up, you can access them from any web connected device and when you switch phones in a year to the latest handset just build the google account on there and all your contacts come with it.

Same applies to a Live ( Hotmail ) account.

compumac 07:29 15 Jun 2013

HXP

Thanks for the reply I know that as I had the contacts already on my phone and Google when I bought my New S4. What I was asking as to any contacts that are on my Google listing - how do I also have them on my phone?

Since posting though I have answered it myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone