Harmony universal remote control

exdragon 10:24 11 Mar 2008

Hi - I've just been given one of these (the 555 version) but am having trouble setting it up and wondered if anyone can help. I guess my problem is probably the same whatever remote is being used.

I've added all the devices I want to control, but when working through the list of things to be done, keep getting askes the question, 'What input or channel does the TV (or PVR/DVD etc) use?'

I haven't a clue - anyone know how I find out? I've spoken to Logitech this morning and the problem is being escalated - all I really wanted to know was how to cancel the whole thing and start again, preferably with someone who knows what they are doing sitting next to me!

exdragon 10:25 11 Mar 2008

I though it'd be easy to set the CD player up, but it asks the same question there too. All I do is stuff a CD in the DVD/CD player and it...errr..plays.

exdragon 16:37 11 Mar 2008

I've set all the devices, as in one TV and VCR, and a second set up which includes a TV, Humax 9200T PVR (freeview) and a DVD/CD player. I've identified all the model numbers, so I'm happy with the actual devices.

What I'm trying to do now is set up the individual ones as Activities. With the PVR, I thought I'd cracked it, as it listed what would happen when I chose the 'Watch PVR' option - turn on PVR, turn on TV etc, but the TV doesn't turn on. I've just got back home, so it's back to the drawing board, I fear.
I think I'm confused by which input the various devices use - not too sure how to find out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone