Gray tone problem (Epson l805)

Mudhawi93 01:05 19 Oct 2016

Hi I have Epson L 805 printer and my problem is that whenever I print a picture that contains gray tone after printing it changes to red tone!

alanrwood 09:53 19 Oct 2016

Possibly one of the colour jets is not working and thus one colour is missing to produce grey. Try several cleaning operations and do a nozzle check to determine if this is the problem.

Another possibility is that you have loaded the colour cartridges in the wrong position in the printer. Sorry if this sounds like teaching you to suck eggs but your question did not give too much detail about when this started etc.

Burn-it 15:55 19 Oct 2016

I would imagine that the black "ink" has run out. If I've looked it up corectly for you, it has many coloured ink sources and black. Also it is possible that you need a specific paper to get good results.

Mudhawi93 17:06 19 Oct 2016

I didn't had this problem before, it started after around two months. I did the maintenance steps "all of them" but still I'm getting the same result. And the color is not finished.

alanrwood 09:37 20 Oct 2016

Sometimes it is necessary to go through the cleaning cycle several times if the jets are really blocked. Do it 3 times and then leave it for 30 mins before repeating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?