Good insurance for mobile? (cheap-ish?)

Loracthims 21:11 08 Jun 2009

Hi there. After 9 years with the same old PAYG mobile, I now have a contract phone (Nokia 5800 Music Express) from mobiles.co.uk. Their insurance for it is extra £7.99 per month. Want to try to get it cheaper but can anyone advise on a 'decent' insurance provider? (if there is such a thing?).

Thanks.

Carol

birdface 10:14 09 Jun 2009

It is not that hard to work out.You have had your phone for 9 years without loosing it.
You get a 1 year warranty with all new phones.So they are going to charge you £96 for the first year while it is under warranty.
Cheaper putting it to a new phone.Ignore the Insurance. But I suppose thats when sods law kicks in and you loose it or drop it after the first week.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:08 15 Jun 2009

Your contents insurance should cover mobile phones.

G

Strawballs 03:58 29 Jul 2009

My son dropped his IPhone at the gym his phone insurance did not want to know but our contents insurance paid out on it.

dagnammit 12:11 29 Jul 2009

Nokia have a 2 year warranty on their phones.

You also have to factor that a 5800 is currently only worth £199 to buy outright.

dagnammit 12:13 29 Jul 2009

Iphone is around £450 to £550, as is most N range phones for example... these I would ensure I had protection on but not for a 5800, especially at £7.99 per month.

v1asco 08:56 09 Aug 2009

With Lloyds TSB if you pay their monthly fee for an upgraded account you get 2 phones insured free, as well as Sentinel card cover, travel insurance, AA and more. This is not an advert for Lloyds but perhaps you bank does similar. Think I pay £17 a month, which more or less covers your payments for 2 phones. Also includes misusage. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?