Getting Sky Box to work through theatre system

Hullite 13:00 18 Aug 2006

I have recently installed a home projector into my living room connected to my dvd home theatre system (Make sony dav-dz100) its great when watching movies however the problem occurs when i watch sky. I am unable to get theatre sound on sky tv.The connections are very limited on the back of this theatre system. I currently have a scart connection running directly to my projector. And then a scart connection from by Sky hd box to my TV. I am sure there is a simple solution to this problem can any one offer a solution. Thanks in advance

DieSse 14:31 18 Aug 2006

According to here click here it's got audio inputs.

However it all depends whether it can decode surround sound when used with these inputs.

You would need a SCART lead with audio breakout cables, which are readily available.

Of course this is a Canadian Sony site - and it's possible the UK version doesn't have the audio input.

Hullite 16:01 18 Aug 2006

Yep the sky box is a HD box just got it today.

DieSse 17:48 18 Aug 2006

And the only Dolby Digital output from a Sky+ box is via the optical cable, if it's DD that you want.

Hullite 18:34 18 Aug 2006

The sky box is connected to my TV via HDMI, its not the picture I am bothered about just sound.Is there some kind ofscart doubler or something of that ilk that would suffice

Hullite 21:17 18 Aug 2006

No there is only the one output. I suppose my only choice would be to wire it through my stereo system

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires