Getting it back into trhe bottle?

jack 10:07 19 Jun 2007

A friend handed me a couple of VHS instruction tapes and asked 'Could I put them disk please'

Easy Peasy - I did them in a trice from VHS player to PVR and then burned and finalized a DVD. job done

Or so I thought.

It turns out that these tapes are Pilates instruction tapes and she wanted only the audio onto CD so that she could do the business whilst using her portable CD player.
A totally different kettle of fish.

I can copy to the PC the audio only via a suitable lash up- done it before- but the sounds are recorded via a suitable program [Audacity]and become MP3 or Wave format.
Here I want to take the input whatever it comes as and get it back the CD format, are CD players MP3/Wave compatible
Any thoughts anyone?

rodriguez 12:54 19 Jun 2007

CD players won't play wave and unless it tells you it will read MP3 discs, it won't play those either. Am I right in thinking that you've already got the audio in MP3 format and just need it putting on audio CD? If so, use Nero or a similar CD recording program, make a new audio CD, drag over the MP3 files and press Burn. It converts to audio CD format as it burns the disc.

jack 14:14 19 Jun 2007

Thank you 'R'- I will have to get the tapes back to put into PC.
I didn't realize there would be a 'backward' conversion.

We wait with baited anticipation.

Input Overload 14:20 25 Jun 2007

Cd players use .wav as the recording medium, all Cd players will play .wav.

Fellsider 19:37 25 Jun 2007

dBpowerAmp (used to be free) should do what you want

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?