Furrin' Galaxy Note Pro

morddwyd 17:31 22 Jul 2014

I've just received a Galaxy Note Pro which I ordered from Expedia, and is was all set up, including "Get Started" and warranty, in Polish.

No problem switching to English, of course, but does this mean I have a non UK ROM and could I have trouble in the future?

At £200 cheaper It would have to be a pretty big problem for me to send it back!

morddwyd 17:53 22 Jul 2014

Whoops! Apologies to Expedia, it was Expansys.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:27 22 Jul 2014

As they are made in Taiwan and designed to work anywhere in the world, I expect the ROM is all the same and its just software to change the settings to suit the country.

morddwyd 09:23 23 Jul 2014

Certainly no apparent problems.

The only reason I ask is that whenever you look at rooting a Samsung device they always stress using the correct ROM for your region, and there is a huge list of regional ROMs, even within the EU.

Forum Editor 08:11 29 Jul 2014

Have you tried to check for a software update yet?

morddwyd 20:44 29 Jul 2014

No. It is already 4.4.2 which is the latest Samsung have issued.

I'll wait for the next one, but thanks for the response.

Forum Editor 06:51 31 Jul 2014

"I'll wait for the next one"

Yes, I understand that, but there was a reason for my question. Some people have experienced error messages when trying to check for software updates on phones sold in some regions.

It might be worth doing a check.

morddwyd 19:47 31 Jul 2014

Yes, I see. Thanks.

No, no problem. usual message "Latest updates already installed".

Think perhaps I'm looking for trouble where there is none.

Glass half empty syndrome again!

Forum Editor 20:56 31 Jul 2014

That's good.

I mean the 'no problems' part, not the 'looking for trouble where there is none' part. Look at that glass a different way, and relax.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?