Fuji 6500 RAW shots

hzhzhzhz 23:27 20 May 2007

I'm new to RAW photography but have taken some shots in RAW mode with the Fuji. The Finepix viewer only seems to allow viewing these shots on a small scale. I have imported them into Picasa but they appear worse than normal shots. Anyone got any tips for me please.This is a very good camera and I would like to use it to its full potential.

hzhzhzhz 23:53 20 May 2007

I have now zoomed them up in Finepix viewer and the RAW shots dont look as good as normal.

hzhzhzhz 08:03 21 May 2007

I've found some useful info here click here. I'll work on this later.

ventanas 12:29 21 May 2007

Use Adobe Camera Raw, it works in Elements, you don't need Photoshop, but there are more options there. Can't be beaten in my view.

hzhzhzhz 18:34 21 May 2007

Thanks ventanas,I'll give that a try. I didn't really have a clue about RAW shots but a little bit of reading has revealed lots to me. Also, the Finepix software has a Studio part to it which does the conversion etc. I'll check out the Adobe Raw this evening hopefully. Thanks again.

Al94 20:36 22 May 2007

I use S7Raw with the same camera - fantastic results click here

hzhzhzhz 21:10 22 May 2007

Al94

cheers, I'm going to d/l your link shortly.

I bought the 6500 just a week ago, 179.99 Argos and I picked up a 512 xd from Morissons for 10.99. I love this camera :-)

hssutton 10:27 23 May 2007

You may find this of interest, especially if you try out S7Raw click here.

I only shoot raw as I find it gives me more control over the final image. Effectively this is like developing your own negative.

Jpg is more akin to sending your old film off to the chemist. As all the prcessing has been carried out within the camera you are limited to very minor adjustments.

hzhzhzhz 19:32 23 May 2007

hssutton

Thanks,thats a great link.

I seem to be struggling a bit in actually getting any pics into S7.
Do I have to download from camera straight into S7.
Whats happening at the mo is that the pics download into Win Pic viewer,where I cant view them because of their format.
When I try to import them into S7 it says "unknown file type"

I'm obviously doing something wrong but not sure what.

siouxah1 20:33 23 May 2007

Al94, thanks for that link toS7 Raw. Looks interesting.

Hzhzhzhz. Might be worth a search for RAWSHOOTER.
This is a raw file opener. It used to be free, but is now owned by Corel I think. But you might be able to find someone with the shareware version or it might still be about on the net.

Quite a good programme.

Siouxah1

hssutton 20:56 23 May 2007

I was going to suggest Rawshooter click here, but I' not sure whether it will read Fuji raw files.

Just being curious I had a quick look at S7, but it will not read my CS2 files (Canon) my prefered raw convertor is Adobe Lightroom.

Such as Picasa will read most Raw files, but offer you no control over the final output. The main benefit apart from it being an organiser is the 1Gb of online storage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?