FTP Site for pictures

rupie 17:11 24 Aug 2009

I need to create a small area where people can log on, on line and look at certain pictures, that are specific to them only and download information. I would like to have it branded, but people must not see other peoples images. I have a certain amount of my own web space spare, if needs be.
I do not want customers to have to sign up to anything, just be able to use the information I give them.

Jim Thing 19:22 25 Aug 2009

If I understand your requirement correctly, I think you could do it by creating a separate web page for each customer. Each page would contain the pictures specific to that customer, plus information for downloading, and its URL would be something like click here. Send each URL to the relevant customer by e-mail and only that customer will know that his/her page exists.

Be aware that each customer ID should ideally not be his/her name; a random string would be better(to prevent any customer who happens to know another customer's name guessing his/her ID) and you'll need to keep the list of IDs to yourself.

Jim Thing 19:25 25 Aug 2009

The 'click here' link above won't work of course. The URL would be www dot mywebsite dot myISP slash customerID dot htm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?