Freeview TV update information wanted

ronec1 22:38 08 Aug 2017
Answered

I am re-tuning my Freeview box. I know there is a way to choose which channel groups to update. For example channel group 50 may contain various tv channels like BBC1, BBC2 etc. Then another group may contain BBC Wales etc (that I do not want). I am having trouble finding these, only channel numbers. I know this is awkward to understand, but that is the way I have seen it before, just cannot find the page now.

BT 08:18 09 Aug 2017

Maybe this can help

click here

ronec1 08:46 09 Aug 2017

Thanks BT. I have eventually found the Channel numbers I need. Anybody else need the link, here it is. click here This link is for the North West of England. As you see C (Channel 50) covers BBC N/W and 30 other program channels, and so on. So you manually enter the 'C' numbers to choose what you want on the TV. They are the MUX numbers, but that word does not appear on the channel choices.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:47 10 Aug 2017
Answer

I usually do a full retune then just delete the channels I don't want.

ronec1 22:53 10 Aug 2017

Trouble is, with my Humax box it still retains the channel numbers when you delete the unwanted. So instead of BBC 1 being on 1 etc it could end up number 800, so makes things complicated. I have it sorted now anyway. Thanks for your reply anyway.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires