Freeview and Tevion HDD

eroom 22:08 21 Sep 2006

I have just purchased a Tevion HDD. I also have a Duraband freeveiw box and a Samsung TV. I can tune the HDD/DVD into the five main channels, but I am struggling to tune the freeview box.

HDD 2 Scart skt
Freeview 2 Scart skt
TV 1 Scart skt

When and if I get the Freeview box tuned in, will I be able to record from it.

Any answers to these questions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Wayne

fazer 12:46 22 Sep 2006

A "Tevion HDD" is a DVD recorder?

You will be able to record off the Freeview tuner if its connected directly to the dvd recorder - for simplicity, use the RF leads.
(aerial - freeview tuner - DVD - TV).

Scart leads and sockets are'nt always wired-up the same so try using the RF leads just to get the DVD recorder tuned to the tuner.

You should also be able to record a digital channel whilst watcting a terrestrial channel - and vice versa.

postie24 12:49 22 Sep 2006

it would hav been alot easier if tv had more than 1 scart.i gather you have the hdd connected to tv with scart.ir you tune in freeview to say channel 6 on tv,you will be able to record from it.make sure freeview is turned on and turn on auto channel search on tv.it should find freeview,then store it.another way is to connect freeview to tv with scart,then theres no tuning,then connect another scart from freeview to hdd and record straight from freeview box

postie24 12:52 22 Sep 2006

sory was writing my response same time as yours fazer.wasnt disagreeing with you

DieSse 23:37 22 Sep 2006

*but I am struggling to tune the freeview box.*

You don't tune the Freeview box. You connect the Freeview box to the Tevion device with a SCART cable - then you switch your Tevion to the AU, AUX or EXT setting. Then you'll get the Freeview channels on the Tevion. If it's got two SCART sockets the Tevion box will switch to EXT1 and EXT2 (etc) - just pick the correct one.

The reason you don't tune it is that the SCART signals don't go through the tuner - they're directly wired - so you switch the Tevion to see the directly wired signals.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?